Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Searching for the Right Direction

For the past few days I've been contemplating this thought . . how do we ever really know what it is we're supposed to be doing with our lives? Is there really a right path . . or do we just bobble around until we accidentally (or providentially) fall into the place where we're supposed to be? For me, I think the answer is often far more complicated that what I wished to wonder. If I took the scientific high road, I'd say that some of us are born driven and extroverted while others of us are slower-paced and introspective . . .an open, non-biased playground of "circles and squares". But, I'm not sure this broad oasis gets me where I want to go . . which is moving in a purposeful direction (since I'm bored with swinging and hanging upside down on the monkey bars :) So, I'm looking at the externals. . .What moves us? What prods us to become motivated to seek purpose? And I'm curious . . I'd like to provide the answer, but I don't know what it is. . .because although there are many differing psychological theories out there . . .I think purpose is different for each one of us. And once we define it, then how do we get there? Where do we get stuck (leaving us searching for the right direction)? So, I guess this post is for both of us . . for you my readers and for me . . . I'll put the questions out there . . I'd love to hear what you think and how you feel. What motivates you? How do you get unstuck? . . .and . . How do you know you're moving in the right direction?

No comments: