Thursday, August 29, 2013

What Happened to the Summer?

Oh my goodness!  I knew I had neglected my writing . . and the blog (for some very good reasons . . like a new grandson:) . . however, I never guessed it had been so long since I checked in. . which in a way, I suppose, is a good thing.  Living takes precedence over writing!  

In the beginning of June we waited, on the 12th of June we celebrated
. . and I guess, we've been celebrating ever since!  

Nothing like a baby to remind us how precious life is . . and how quickly time passes.

In August, we celebrated the 16th birthday of our oldest grandson
. . .see what I mean about time passing quickly?  

What happened to the Summer?  Life:)  

We drove and prayed and text'd and laughed.  We bowled
and played "restaurant"
and ate and hugged. 

We cried and yelled . . .saw baseball games

and tag JFL.  

We beat the pants off each other in Scrabble (ok. . well, the truth is, one person seems to beat the pants off most others:)

We swam
. . and got drenched.  We tanned and air-conditioned.  

We wrote, shouted, cried, text'd and whispered, "I Love You".  

It was extraordinary!  Each one gave me something special that no one else can ever have, know, or take away.  They each gave me a scent, a hug, a feeling, a kiss . . . a bond that lasts forever. 


What happened to the Summer? I've been on vacation with my own family.



How was your summer?  Hope it was filled with life . . and love :)

As always . . I'm listening. . .

Dr. JillyB

No comments: