Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Walking: A Great Time for Personal Reflection

I didn't want to have to walk today . . .I've got so many things on my "to do" list (who doesn't) that it seems ridiculous to stop everything, put on my tennis shoes and "waste" an hour. Wow! I can't believe the warped old thoughts that still plague me and often keep me from changing :) But it is so true! I can easily waste an hour surfing the net (keeping up with blogs takes a ton of time) . .and then there are shoes on the Nordstrom and Zappos sites . . and what about reading the Yahoo headlines for the latest fashion faux-pas? The truth is, I need to focus on where I am going in these next few months with my life . . am I working toward my goal of giving AND receiving? Am I putting in the hours to let my creative spirit soar? Am I really listening to inner self and to the voices of others? As you can see, I really need to walk! I'm headed outside where the breezes rustle through the tree branches, where the birds call to each other and respond, where the squirrels race through the twigs and tree stumps. I'm headed out to ponder and set myself free :) What about you? Do you find that you are more content, more willing to give of and to yourself when you have spent time in reflection? Share your walk with me . . I'm listening :)

No comments: