Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Choosing to Accomplish . . .Something

Both of my daughters and I have had several conversations lately discussing the choices that we make . . or our thrashing about over choices . . that seem to push us in one direction or the other. And I am so guilty about spending an inordinate amount of time in the "thrashing about" stage . . to the point that I have tons of great ideas and projects that never get off the ground!

So here I am, again, this morning trying to identify the ONE project that I will work on . . and to promise myself that I will follow through (at least until tomorrow :)

What I know is that life does get in the way . . and I certainly don't want to be the one with one toe sticking up out of the ground saying "well, I was dedicated to my project . . so sorry I missed the chance to gab with you today . . or to throw back my head with laughter . . or to listen to your worries . . or to soothe your furrowed brow".

So, even as no one is in need this morning (other than me with my project deadline), I am torn between savoring the moment of the day and sticking my nose back into my research . . .

I'd love for you to help me out of my dilemma . . I'd much rather chat or listen . .

No comments: